SEACOLORS project is expected to obtain a selection of algae species with high dyeing potential along with the general procedures of their growing conditions and the extraction of their natural pigments for textile application by replacing the synthetic dyes currently employed.
The main expected results are the obtainment of different dyed fabrics at semi-industrial scale with the new dyes obtained from micro and macro algae. These achievements will lead to the following:
- Obtaining a full color range
- Reutilization of Generated Waste
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- Improvement of the quality of Waste water by increasing the biodegradability of the new dyes
- Obtainment of enough amount of dye in order to be avle to be employed at industrial level
- The obtained fabrics must comply with the required quality standards